Go-To Hospital Bag Checklist.
It can be overwhelming trying to prepare for your little one’s arrival, so it is comforting to know your bag is packed with all the essentials so that you are as ready as you can be.
We have put together the ultimate Go-To hospital bag checklist to help make your journey that much easier.
- your birth plan and/or maternity notes if you have one
- your Medicare card and yellow hospital card *
- absorbent breast pads and a maternity/nursing bra
- your favourite drink bottle if you have one
- lip balm – seriously, hospital aircon is not kind
- your favourite oversized comfy t-shirt for labour
- button up PJs
- something warm if you get cold - cardigan, socks, slippers
- snacks - fruit, nuts.. etc
- underpants - high waisted black cotton, comfort is key.
- nipple cream
- casual clothes for going home in, something comfortable and loose-fitting. Don’t expect to fit your pre-pregnancy clothes straight away.
- plastic bag for dirty clothes
- newborn nappies – 8-10 per day, some hospitals will provide these but not all
- 1 beanie
- 1 pair of booties
- 2 cotton bunny rugs or merino wraps
- a blanket
- wondersuit or bodysuit + pants – 2 per day you intend on being in the hospital
- singlets – 2-3 depending on your stay
- baby towel
- car seat already installed – make sure you know how it works before you take baby home
FOR YOUR PARTNER
- change of clothes – including underwear
- phone charger
- swimwear if you ‘re planning a water birth
- your own pillow from home
- essential oils – some hospitals have diffusers in the birthing suites, make sure to check with your midwife
- a list of people you would like to tell first when baby is born
Download a digital PDF copy here.
*Australian mama to be only